OLDER BOYS & GIRLS – September 5 – 7, 2020
YOUNGER BOYS & GIRLS – August 15 – 16, 2020
YOUNGEST BOYS & GIRLS – August 22 – 23, 2020
2020 Surf Cup OLDERS Tournament Update
After several days of listening to our most important customers – college coaches and the nation’s top recruits – it has become clear Surf Cup is more critical than ever to help create connections between these two groups. Therefore, we are moving Surf Cup Olders (Aug. 1-3 and Aug. 7-9) to Labor Day Weekend, Sept. 5-7, 2020. Boys will play at SoCal Sports Complex in Oceanside, and Girls will play at Surf Sports Park in Del Mar. Due to the change in date, we would advise all teams who have previously applied for Man City Cup 2020 to apply for Surf Cup 2020 as we are confident this will be the Best of the Best recruiting opportunity in 2020! The transition to Labor Day will also give us an extra four weeks to allow the current COVID spikes in several hot spots to be reduced.
After speaking with our customers, we learned that:
- College coaches still need to fill their upcoming classes and haven’t seen recruits play over the last 5 months.
- Virtual recruiting is now an accepted part of the recruiting process, and coaches are comfortable with assessing players via video.
- College recruits haven’t had the opportunity to play live in front of scouts for the last 5 months.
- College recruits don’t have any fresh game content to submit highlight or game form to coaches.
- Both parties are asking Surf to help the process during this unique time
Demand for Surf Cup in 2020 has been extremely high, and we are expecting the Best of the Best teams to compete and showcase their players. We expect college coaches to be able to attend. However, if recruiting rules do not allow college coaches to attend in person, we are working with NextPro and the ScoutingZone to create an innovative solution to offer video options for college coaches. This solution will also make game footage available to all players within the recruiting age groups.
We realize that with the changes and restrictions of COVID we have to be flexible and innovative. Surf Cup has always been a leader in our sport, and we will continue to lead and continue to be the nation’s top event for connecting college coaches and top recruits. At the same time, we realize this change will create conflicts or inconveniences for some of our participants, and we apologize for that. This is an unusual move for us, but this is also an unusual period of time.
Come be part of the Best of the Best this Labor Day in San Diego!
About Surf Cup
The San Diego Surf Cup continues to be the premier summer tournament for youth soccer, featuring the top teams in the nation and attracting more than 500 college coaches and scouts.
Surf Cup will be played at Surf Sports Park in Del Mar. Our facility is among the best in the nation, featuring up to 22 full size fields on pristine grass. Every year, Surf Cup flies in the best referees in the region to match the level of the best teams in the nation who will come together to produce epic matchups.
2020 REVISED PLAY DATES:
YOUNGER BOYS & GIRLS (2007 & 2008) – August 15 – 16, 2020 (Sat and Sun Only)
YOUNGEST BOYS & GIRLS (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013) – August 22 – 23, (Sat and Sun Only)
OLDER BOYS & GIRLS (2006 & OLDER) – September 5 – 7, 2020 (Sat – Mon)
Best of the Best flight (U10 & older age groups) winners receive winner’s jackets; with trophies and individual awards presented to all finalists and champions.
Older Weekend events will be 4-game guaranteed.
Younger Weekend events will be 3-game guaranteed and will be 2-day events to accommodate school restarting in August for many players.
All Younger Weekend games will play at Surf Sports Park in Del Mar, CA
Olders Weekend- Boys will play at SoCal Sports Complex in Oceanside, Girls will play at Surf Sports Park in Del Mar
In the event of cancellation due to COVID-19, all registration fees will be issued a full refund minus credit card processing fees. If you were planning to attend Surf Cup 2020, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible!
- If your team is already registered and has NOT been accepted and the change in dates do not work for your team, please email email@example.com and let her know you would like to withdraw your application
- If your team is already registered and you HAVE been accepted and the change in dates do not work for your team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for a refund.
- If you are registered and the dates DO work for you (whether you have been accepted or not), there is no need to do anything.
The Best of the Best Wall